SSC decided the exam pattern for CGL (Combined Graduate Level) 2017. SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 can be categorized into four categories; Tier-1 Exam pattern, Tier-2 Exam pattern, Tier-3 Exam pattern and Tier-4 exam pattern. Examination pattern for each tier is different from the others.
Here you can find the latest exam pattern of SSC CGL exam 2017 along with download link of PDF file.
SSC has already announced the official notification on 16th May 2017. Here you can find the latest exam pattern of SSC CGL exam 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern Overview
|Examination Date||1st August 2017 to 20 August 2017|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Examination Pattern||Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Intelligence and Reasoning, English Comprehension|
|Time||60 Minutes (80 for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy)|
|Examination Date||10 November & 11 November 2017|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Examination Pattern||Quantitative Aptitude (100 Questions), English Language & Comprehension (200 Q), Statistics (100 Q), General Studies (100 Q)|
|Marks Allotted||200 each papers|
|Time||120 Minutes (160 Minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy)|
|Negative Marks||0.25 for Paper-II, 0.50 for Paper-I, Paper-II & Paper IV|
|Examination Date||21 January 2018|
|Examination Mode||Pen & Paper mode|
|Examination Pattern||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essays/Precie/Letter/Application)|
|Time||60 Minutes (80 Minutes for VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy)|
|Examination Date||February 2018|
|Examination Pattern||Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test/Document Verfication|
SSC CGL TIER-1 EXAM PATTERN 2017
- The examination will have four parts- GI (General Intelligence) & Reasoning, GA (General Awareness, QA (Quantitative Aptitude) and EC (English Comprehension)
- Each section comprises of 50 marks and 25 questions. Total marks will be 200 for entire exam.
- Each question carries two marks and examination duration is 75 minutes. 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Structure is as follows:
|Exam Scheme||Marks Allotted|
|GI & Reasoning- 25 Questions||50|
|GA- 25 Questions||50|
|QA- 25 Questions||50|
|English- 25 Questions||50|
Notes: 60 mins – For candidates with Cerebral Palsy & VH (Visually Handicapped) candidates- 80 minutes
SSC CGL TIER-2 EXAM PATTERN 2017
- Tier-2 examination will comprise of four papers. Paper-1 & Paper-2 will be compulsory subjects.
- Paper-3 (Statistics) will be only for candidates appearing for SI (Statistical Investigator) post.
- Similarly, Paper-4 (Finance & Accounts and Economics & Governance) will be only for candidates appearing for AAO (Assistant Audit Officer) posts
- Each paper will be of two-hour duration.
- Paper-1 will be QA (Quantitative Ability), will carry 200 marks and will have 100 questions. Each question will carry 2 marks and 0.50 will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Paper-2 will be EC (English Language & Comprehension), will carry 200 marks and will have 200 questions. Each question will carry 1 mark and 0.25 will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Paper-3 will be statistics. It will carry 200 marks and will have 100 questions. Each question will carry 2 marks and 0.50 will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Paper-4 will have two parts; F&A (Finance and Economics) will have 100 questions and total 200 marks.Each question will carry 2 marks and 0.50 will be deducted for each incorrect answer. Entire paper will be of 2-hour duration.
SSC CGL TIER-3 EXAM PATTERN 2017
- Tier-3 examination will be in pen & paper mode and will be descriptive-type.
- Total marks allotted will be 100 and duration will be 1 hour.
- It will assess writing ability of the applicants.
- It will have passage or essay of total 250 words and application or letter writing of approx. 150 words.
- Qualifying marks will be 33 percent and paper language should be either English or Hindi.
- Questions will be of 12th Standard
SSC CGL TIER-4 EXAM PATTERN 2017
After clear Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-II exam, the candidates will go though document verification, skill test and computer proficiency. It is called Tier-4 exam.