Selection procedure for 2017 SSC CGL comprises of four stages. These include Tier-I test, Tier-II test, Tier-III test and Tier-IV test. Candidates who qualify in the tier- examination as per cut-off marks suggested by the SSC committees will be allowed to sit for the tier-II examination. Similarly, marks obtained by candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II examinations will determine selection into the next level examinations.
Latest Updates: Notification issued for CGL exam 2017
SSC CGL Selection Procdure 2017 will go through four stages as follows:
- State-1 – Tier-1 Online Test
- Stage-2 – Tier-2 Online Test
- Stage-3 – Tier-3 Descriptive Test
- Stage-4 – Tier-4 DEST (Data Entry Skill Test) and CPT (Computer Proficiency Test)
SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2017 – (State-1- Tier-1 Online Test)
- This test is the 1st stage for candidates giving the SSC CGL examination. This stage tests the candidate’s basic understanding & knowledge
- The test will be in online mode and total marks allotted will be 200. Questions will be Objective type or MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) based
- Marks scored in this stage will be considered for ranking. Also marks scored in this stage will decide the selection of candidates for the descriptive test as well as tier-4 examination.
- Candidates who qualify this tier-1 will appear for the tier-2 examination
SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2017 – (Stage-2- Tier-2 Online Test)
- Only those applicants who have qualified the tier-1 will appear for the tier-2 examination
- The test will be in online mode and total marks allotted will be 800. Questions will be Objective type or MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) based
- Tier-2 examination is further sub-divided into total four papers. Each paper consists of two hours. Paper-1 and Paper-2, both are compulsory papers to be taken by all. Paper-3 will be only for candidates applying for the SI (Statistical Investigator) or JSO (Junior Statistical Officer) post. Similarly, Paper-4 is only for those applicants applying for the AAO (Assistance Audit Officer) post.
- Paper-1 will be standard in terms of level of difficulty. Paper-2 will be 12th standard level. Paper-3 and Paper-4 will have standards of graduation level
- Candidates who qualify this tier-2 will appear for the tier-3 examination
SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2017 (Stage-3- Tier-3 Descriptive Test)
- Candidates will be shortlisted by the SSC (Staff Selection Commission) for the tier-3 examination. Selection will be on performance based in the tier-1 and tier-2 examination.
- The test will be in pen & paper mode and total marks allotted will be 100. Questions will be descriptive type
- It will test the writing and comprehension skills of candidates necessary for all government jobs.
- Qualifying marks for this tier-3 examination is 33 percent. Questions will be of 12th standard level.
- Candidate’s marks in tier-1 and tier-2 examinations will determine their eligibility for tier-4 examination.
SSC CGL Selection Procedure – (Final Merit List)
- Final merit list of the candidate will be calculated based on their scores in tier-1, tier-2 and tier-3 examinations.
- AAMT (All India Merit List) will be drawn by the SSC
SSC CGL Exam Important Pages
|Download Official Notification|
|Previous Years Papers (Coming Soon)|