SSC will start registration for CHSL exam 2017 on 5th August 2017. As you all know it is very competitive exam. So you should prepare for SSC CHSL exam as early as possible.
Here we are giving the latest SSC CHSL syllabus 2017. So you can get complete idea of exam. It contains all important subjects and topics from which majority of the questions are asked during examination. It helps the candidates in better preparation and better performance during the examination.
The Exam Syllabus for SSC CHSL 2017 is as follows:
Examination will have four sections as follows:
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General Intelligence (GI)||25||50|
|General Awareness (GA)||25||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||25||50|
|English Language (EL)||25||50|
General Awareness: While the general awareness section of the exam is high-scoring one, it is also the toughest. Mainly because the questions will come from all aspects of general awareness. The section tests the knowledge of the candidate with respect to his/her economic, social, political, cultural and historical environment.
|Everyday Science||Country & capitals|
|Indian History||Current Affairs|
|India & Neighbours||Sports|
|Popular Events||State Capitals|
General intelligence: The general intelligence section of the SSC CHSL exam will cover these major topics.
|Semantic Analogy||Problem solving|
|Word Building||Numerical Operations|
|Figural Series||Semantic Series|
|Coding & De-coding||Symbolic Operations|
|Critical Thinking||Folding & unfolding|
|Figural Classification||Number Analogy|
|Symbolic classification||Emotional Intelligence|
|Symbolic Analogy||Embedded figures|
|Figural Analogy||Social intelligence|
|Punched hole||Venn diagrams|
English Language: This is also a high-scoring section. It tests the English language, comprehension skills and vocabulary of the candidates. Questions will come from the following topics
|One-word substitution||Theme detection|
|Sentence shuffling||Direct and indirect narration|
|Phrases||Change of voice|
|Word formation||Verbs Etc.|
|Use of Articles||Comprehension|
Quantitative aptitude: Questions will be majorly coming from the following areas:
- Number System: Relationship among numbers, Fractions and Decimals, Whole number computation
- Arithmetic Operation: Time & Work, Time & Distance, Mixture & Allegation, Partnership Business, Discount, Profit & Loss, Interest (Simple Interest & Compound Interest), Averages, Square Roots, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage.
- Algebra: Basic Algebra, Identities, applications, Linear Equation Graphs, Elementary Surds
- Geometry: Elementary geometric facts and figures, Circles, chords, angles, tangents, common tangents, similarities & congruence of triangles, various types of triangles
- Mensuration: Quadrilaterals, triangles, Right pyramids, hemispheres, spheres, circular cylinder, circular cone, right prism, circle, regular polygons
- Trigonometry: Complementary Angles, standard identities, heights & Distance, degree & radian measures, trigonometric ratios, trigonometry
- Statistical charts: Usage of Graphs & tables (Histogram, Pie-chart, bar-diagram, frequency polygon)
Note: VH (Visually Handicapped) candidates with more than 40 percent disability will be free from any maps, statistical data, diagrams or graph relation questions in the general awareness, reasoning or general intelligence sections.
The candidates can download SSC CHSL latest syllabus 2017 in PDF file. We will update you soon for latest syllabus in PDF file format.
Download SSC CHSL Syllabus 2017 – PDF File Format – Coming Soon….