Recent Update: SSC CPO SI (Paper I) answer key has released. Check Here
The SSC CPO SI 2017 Selection will be based on three stages of examination.
The first phase will be a written examination. Candidates passing this examination will qualify for PET (Physical Efficiency Test).
The candidates should note that the last date to apply for SSC CPO SI exam is 15th May 2017. Apply Here
PET & Medical test will comprise of exam’s 2nd Phase. Candidates qualifying in the 2nd phase will be eligible for final round of examination.
3rd Phase will be again a written test for English Language only. Candidates who successfully qualify all these phases will be chosen for final selection based on merit & other criteria.
Selection candidates will be posted across various police departments such as CISF, CRPF, DP (Delhi Police) as SI (Sub Inspectors) and ASI (Assistant Sub Inspectors).
SSC CPO SI Selection Procedure 2017 – Witten Examination
The CPO SI Selection Procedure 2017 comprises of four stages:
- The first phase is written examination.
- Candidates will be given 200 questions and total marks allotted for this test will be 200.
- There will be four sections: GI (General Intelligence) & Reasoning, GA (General Awareness), EL (English Language) and QA (Quantitative Aptitude).
- Each section will have 50 questions and each question will be of one mark.
- Candidates are required to secure the minimum cut-off in each section in order to qualify this paper.
- For each incorrect response, ¼ marks will be deducted from the total marks.
- Candidates can choose between English or Hindi language as medium of examination
- Applicants should note here that the cut-offs are decided based on the commission’s norms. Different categories will be have different cut-offs.
PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- Candidates who have passed the 1st phase (written examination) are called for the PET (Physical Efficiency Test)/ PST (Physical Standard Test) and the Medical Test.
- PET will include tests such as race, testing both speed and endurance of the candidates. Therefore tests will be long distance (800 m- 2 kms) and sprints (100 m) both.
- Other tests included in PET will be high jump, long jump, shot put etc.
- Candidates will have to qualify the above tests for becoming eligible for next stage of the recruitment process.
- The PET test checks the mental & physical health of candidates. Also, a candidate should be free from any mental or physical deformity/ defect.
- Pregnant females will be disqualified from candidature in the PET test.
Written Examination (Paper-2)
- Candidates qualifying the PET test will be eligible for the Paper-2 written examination.
- The examination comprises of 200 questions and total marks allotted are 200.
- It will test the English comprehension, reading and writing ability of candidates.
- Candidates qualifying the first three phases (Paper-1, PET test, Paper-2) will be selected for Medical Test.
- Candidate testimonials will be validated and medical test will be held by the CAPF & SSC panels.
- Candidates who pass all parameters and are deemed fit mentally & physically will be selected for final appointment.
- Final selection of candidates to various posts will be based on merit, candidate’s choice, availability of seats and other factors solely under the authority of SSC & CAPF.
- Final allocation of candidates to various departments and posts will be decided by CAPF & MHA.