The eligibility criteria comprises of factors such as educational qualification, age, nationality etc in order to successfully apply for vacancies. Apart from the above, candidates interested in Constables (GD) posts are also required to have physical standards as per the norms set by SSC.
Only those candidates who qualify these parameters are eligible for applying for recruitment process. In case a candidate fills up the application procedure without having the right eligibility criteria, his or her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
Therefore, candidates should read and understand the eligibility parameters carefully before filling the application form. In this article we will share all details related to the eligibility criteria for SSC Constables 2017 exam.
There are three major criteria which need to be fulfilled by the candidates. There are:
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria – Nationality
Candidates interested in applying for SSC GD constable examination should be Indian citizen.
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria – Age Limit
- Age Limit is another important criterion candidates need to fulfil in order to be eligible for the SSC GD Constable vacancies.
- As per the SSC norms, male candidates should be minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years age at the time of applying.
- Female candidates should be minimum 18 years and maximum 25 years age at the time of applying.
- As per the Indian constitution, candidates from reserved categories will be given age relaxation.
The relaxation in terms of age limit for reserved category candidates is as below:
|Category||Age-Relaxation (in years)|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||5 yrs|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||5 yrs|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes)||3 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen- Unreserved||3 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen- OBC||6 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen- SC||8 yrs|
|Ex-Servicemen- ST||8 yrs|
|Sportsmen & women- General||Upto five yrs|
|Sportsmen & women- OBC||Upto five yrs|
|Sportsmen & women- SC||Upto ten yrs|
|Sportsmen & women- ST||Upto ten yrs|
|Sons or daughters of the serving or deceased or retired police/ MTT (Multi Tasking Staff)||Upto twenty-five yrs|
|Widow or divorced or judicially separated- women||Upto thirty yrs|
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualification
- Another important parameter is educational qualification. Candidates interested in SSC GD Constables exam should be minimum Senior Secondary (12th Standard) passed from recognised university or board.
- For mounted constables, buglers, bandsmen, dispatch riders, drivers etc of the DP (Delhi Police), the educational qualification is relaxed to 11th standard
- For sons or daughters of DPP (Delhi Police Personnel) & MTT (Multi Tasking Staff) of DP (Delhi Police) in service, deceased or retired, the education qualification is relaxed to 11th standard
- Apart from the above, it is mandatory for male candidates to posses valid Driving Licence.
SSC GD Constable Eligibility Criteria – Physical Standards
Candidates interested in SSC GS Constables post also required to pass certain physical standards since the job is primarily field work. The physical standards are as follows:
|Expanded (Minimum of four cms)|
|male candidates- General or OBC||170||85|
|SC (Scheduled Castes)||170||85|
|ST (Scheduled Tribes)||165||80|
|Hilly Area Residents||165||80|
|Female candidates- General or OBC||157||–|
|SC & ST (Scheduled Castes & Schedules Tribe)||155||–|
|Hilly Area residents||155||–|