SSC GD Constables examination pattern comprises of written exam, PET (Physical Efficiency Test) as well as medical examination. Since the recruitment is for police and related posts, ample field work is required. Thereby, physical examination is an important criterion in the SSC (GD) constable’s 2017 exam pattern.
Candidates applying for the examination should fully understand the exam pattern. Almost all questions in the written exam will be coming as per the norms decided in exam pattern. Understanding the exam pattern will help candidates in better preparation for the examination. In this article, we will share all details related to SSC (GD) Constables 2017 Exam Pattern.
The examination pattern for SSC (GD) 2017 can be categorised into three stages:
Stage 1: PET (Physical Efficiency Test) or PST (Physical Standard Test)
Stage 2: Objective-type Written Examination
Stage 3: Medical Examination
SSC (GD) Constables 2017 Exam Pattern – Stage 1: PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- This is the first phase of the examination process for SSC GD 2017.
- This is a qualifying test and will not have any marks.
- All candidates need to qualify this test in order to be eligible for written examination
|Sl. No.||Test Name||Duration|
|1||Race||For Male- Five kilometres in twenty-four minutes
For Females- 1.6 kilometres in eight minutes
|For Candidates from Ladakh Region|
|1||Race||For Male- 1.6 kilometres or one mile in six minutes
For Female- 800 meters in four minutes
SSC (GD) Constables Exam Pattern – Stage 2: Written Examination
- The Written test will take place in both offline (pen & paper) and online (computer based) mode.
- Candidates are required to select their choice for examination mode while filling the application form.
- Written examination will be objective-type test having MCQs (multiple choice questions). Candidates are required to choose correct option from given choices.
- Total number of questions will be 100 and total marks allotted will be 100. Each question will be of one mark.
- Total duration of time for the exam is two hours.
- Written exam will have sections like English/Hindi, GA (General Awareness), Mathematics, GI (General Intelligence).
- Questions asked will be Matriculation level.
- Language of exam for online mode will be Hindi or English only. For offline mode, candidates can opt for Hindi, English or any regional language as per Indian constitution.
Snapshot of the SSC (GD) Written Exam
|GI (General Intelligence) & Reasoning||25||25||
SSC (GD) Constables Exam Pattern – Stage 3: Medical Examination
- Those candidates who qualify the PET and written examination will be called for medical examination. It will check the health and fitness level of candidates.
- Candidates will be tested in terms of their vision, refraction as well as colour vision.
- Candidates having the following features will be rejected; Knock knee, Squinty Eyes, Varicose Vein or Flat foot.