The SSC (GD) Constables selection procedure includes PET (Physical Efficiency test)/ PST (Physical Standards Test), written examination & medical examination.
SSC had published notification for the year 2016 on 10th September 2016 and closing date for registration was 10th October 2016. The exam was held on 4th March 2017.
So this year you can expect the notification in the month of September 2017.
The selection procedure as well as norms for selection is decided by the SSC after considering various factors. The examination start during March 2018 and the selection procedure are made available to the candidates during the release of the recruitment notification only.
Candidates need to score required cut-off or criteria in order to be selected for final appointment. Candidates are finally selected across various forces such as BSF, MHA, and CRPF etc. In this article, we will share all details related to the SSC (GD) Constables Selection procedure for 2017 recruitment.
Selection procedure for GD constables can be categorised into three stages:
- PET (Physical Standard Test) or PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- Written Test
- Medical Test
SSC (GD) Constable 2017 Selection Procedure- PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- PET is 1st stage of the selection procedure for SSC (GD) constables.
- It is scheduled & conducted by CAPFs.
- Candidates who are eligible as per height parameters undergo PET (race).
- It is followed by a biometric identification procedure and testimonial screening.
- The next step is measurements of check & weight by the board.
- Candidates who qualify all above procedures are called for written examination.
SSC (GD) Constable 2017 Selection Procedure – Computer Based Examination
- Candidates qualifying the PET are called for written test conducted by the SSC commission.
- Written test is conducted in both online & offline mode. Applicants are required to select their mode of written examination at the time of application filling process only.
- Written exam will comprise of an objective test with MCQs (multiple choice questions).
- There will be 100 questions and each question will carry one mark. Total marks in written examination will be 100.
- There will be four sections and each section will comprise of 25 questions. Candidates are required to secure minimum cut-off in each section to be eligible for next level of examination.
- The written exam also consists of negative marking. Each wrong answer will attract deduction of ¼ marks.
- Candidates who qualify this examination will be called for medical test.
- The qualifying standards depend entirely on the commission. It can be different for different category candidates, for different states.
SSC (GD) Constable 2017 Selection Procedure – Medical Examination
- Candidates qualifying the first two stages of recruitment process (PET & Written Test) are called for medical test.
- The medical examination is conducted by medical board constituted by CAPF.
- The tests assess the medical & physical fitness of candidates as per eligibility parameters
- Board conducts medical test comprising of laboratory test & x-ray for those candidates who have passed all other level of examination & tests.
- Testimonials of candidates is checked during medical examination
- Final list is declared by commission without Force Allocation. Force Allocation is made by CRPF/MHA
Note: Various factors are taken into consideration while finalising criteria for selection. Some of them are:
- Total number of available seats
- Total applicants
- Level of difficulty of the examination