The SSC JE Selection Procedure 2018 consists of two written examination. The examination is for the post of JE (Junior Engineers) to be posted across various verticals such as Civil, Mechanical, Survey, Electrical etc.
Candidates are required to secure the minimum cut-off marks as designated by the SSC authorities to be eligible for Stage-2 of the written examination.
While Paper-1 will be computer-based examination, Paper-2 will be in pen-and-paper mode. Candidate selection for final appointment will be based on aggregate marks scored in Paper-1 as well as Paper-2.
Based on the merit, candidates will be posted for various posts. In this article we will share all details regarding the selection procedure for SSC JE 2018 Exam.
Selection of the candidates for SSC JE 2018 will be based on two stages of exam papers:
Paper-1: Computer Based
Paper 2: Conventional Written Exam
SSC JE Selection Procedure 2018 – Paper 1 – Computer Based
- Paper-1 will consist of Objective type questions or MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Total marks for the test will be 200. It will be further sub-divided into the sub-sections (General Awareness, General Intelligence & Reasoning and a subject paper- General Engineering)
- The subject paper should be as per the candidate’s selected subject while filling the application form (Electrical, Mechanical or Civil & Structural)
- Candidates who get shortlisted in this examination will be eligible for appearing in Paper-2 conventional exam.
- Tentative dates for conducting Paper-1 of SSC JE 2018 Exam is last week of December 2017.
SSC JE Selection Procedure 2018 – Paper-2: Written Examination
- The dates for conducing Paper-2 of SSC JE 2018 Exam will be notified later by the SSC (Staff Selection Commission) authorities.
- Paper-2 will be a conventional type exam based in pen-and-paper mode.
- Total marks allotted for this paper is 300.
- Paper consists of General Engineering subject and is divided into three sections: Electrical, Mechanical and Civil & Structural.
- Candidates need to write the examination for the paper they have chosen as per their application form.
SSC JE Selection Procedure 2018: Final Selection
- Final Selection of the candidates will be based on their marks scored in Both Papers.
- Due importance will also be given to the posts preferences entered by the candidates.
- Department allocation to candidates will be based on the merit achieved by the candidates
Tie-Resolution: SSC JE 2018 Selection Procedure
In case of two of more candidates achieving same aggregate marks, tie-resolution will be achieved by the following methods:
- Total Marks scored in Paper-2
- Total Marks scored in Paper-1
- Birth Date, wherein older candidates will be placed in higher positions
- Alphabetical order of the names of final selected candidates