The SSC JHT 2017 Selection Procedure comprises of two phases. Phase one is the written examination stage. Phase two is the document verification stage.
The Selection procedure for SSC JHT (Junior Hindi Translator) has is prepared and announced by the SSC commission. The written examination is further categorized into two stages. Stage 1 is the Paper-1 of the written examination.
It consists of two subjects (General English & General Hindi). Stage 2 is the Paper-2 of the written examination. It comprises of conventional-type questions. Candidates who successfully qualify the written examination will be called for verification. After verification of the documents, SSC announces the final results. In the article we will share all details related to SSC JHT 2017 Selection Procedure.
SSC JHT 2017 Selection Procedure
Candidates who successfully qualify all stages of examination will be placed as JHT (Junior Hindi Translator), SHT (Senior Hindi Translator), Hindi Pradhyapak & Hindi Translators across various state & central government institutes, training institutes, ministries and offices.
The selection procedure for SSC JHT 2017 involves the following stages:
Stage 1: Written Examination
The Written Examination comprises of two Papers; Paper-1 and Paper- 2
- Paper 1 comprises of two sections ; General Hindi & General English
- The Paper will be objective-type with MCQs (multiple choice questions)
- This paper will test the understanding of candidates with respect to the literature and language of both subjects.
- Understanding of English/ Hindi, correct usage of the words, idioms, phrases, sentence correction etc will be tested
- Candidate’s ability in writing the language (English or Hindi) in effective & precise manner will be tested.
- Both sections will be 100 questions and each question will carry hundred marks.
- The paper will also have negative marking. For every wrong response, ¼ marks will be deducted.
- Questions given in this paper will be graduate level.
- Candidates are required to score the minimum cut-off in each section to be eligible for next round.
- Paper 2 will be test of Translation & Essay writing.
- The paper will be conventional type & total marks allotted for this paper is 200.
- This paper will have two passages which the candidates will have to translate.
- One passage will be for translating to Hindi from English and the other passage will be for translating to English from Hindi.
- These questions will test the translation skills of the candidates.
- It will also test the ability of candidates to comprehend the languages precisely, correctly & effectively.
- Standards for qualification in paper 2 will be decided by the SSC authorities.
Stage 2: Final Selection
Candidates will be selected for final appointment after verification of their documents. Final selection will be based on merit and candidate’s preference for job posts.
SSC JHT 2017 Selection Procedure: Tie Resolution
In case two or more candidates have secured equal marks, a tie-breaker will be involved by applying one (or more) of the following criteria:
- Total marks obtained in written examination
- Marks obtained in paper- 1
- Marks obtained in paper- 2
- Birth Date- Older candidates will be given preference
- Alphabetical order- Candidates who name appear first will be given preference