The candidates who are going to apply for SSC Stenographer exam should know the examination pattern of SSC Stenographer exam. You can download here the latest SSC stenographer examination pattern in PDF file forma.t
The examination pattern helps candidates in understanding details of the examination such as question pattern, total questions, exam duration, marking scheme, topics etc covered under each section.
This helps candidates in better preparation for the examination. As per SSC authorities, the examination will take place in conventional (pen and paper) mode.
Candidates scoring qualifying marks in this written test will be eligible for skill test. In this article, we will share all details related to examination pattern for SSC Stenographer Exam 2017.
SSC Stenographer Examination Pattern 2017
The examination pattern for SSC Stenographer can be categorised into:
- Written Test
- Skill Test
SSC Stenographer Written Examination 2017
- The SSC Stenographer written examination will comprise of Objective type questions or MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions)
- The examination will comprise of three parts. Part 1 and Part 2 will comprise of fifty questions each. Both parts carry fifty marks each.
- Total marks allotted for Part 3 of the SSC Stenographer examination will be 100.
- Question paper will be presented in both Hindi and English Language.
- Total time duration provided for the examination will be two hours. VH (Visually Handicapped) candidates will be given two hours and forty minute of time for completing the paper.
- Each incorrect answer will attract ¼ negative marking.
|Examination Date||Part||Subject||Total Marks||Total Time Duration
(For General Candidates
|Total Time Duration
(For VH Candidates)
31st July 2017
|1||GI (General Intelligence) &
Two Hours & Forty Minutes
|2||GA (General Awareness)||50||50|
|3||EC (English Language &
SSC Stenographer Skill Test 2017
- Candidates qualifying the written test by securing the minimum cut-off marks shall be called for the next stage of examination which is skill test.
- Candidates should note the eligibility of the candidates for the skill test will be decided by the SSC commission only, based on their norms and requirements.
- The qualifying marks in the written test will also be prescribed by the SSC authorities only.
- The nature of this examination will be qualifying. The qualifying criteria & standards for this skill test will be decided by the commission only. Different category candidates might have different qualifying criteria.
- Skill test will be mandatory for all candidates who are selected for Part-2 of the recruitment process.
- Applicants will be provided dictation in Hindi or English language for ten minutes.
- The qualifying criteria are 100 words per minute for Grade-C Stenographer & 80 words per minute for Grade-d Stenographer.
- The centre of examination for skill test will be Commission’s Regional or Sub-Regional officers or other Centre(s), as chosen by SSC.
|SSC Stenographer Skill Test|
|Name of Post||Speed||Time for Transcription|
|Stenographer Grade- D||80 words per minute||50 minutes for English and 65 minutes for Hindi|
|Stenographer Grade- C||100 words per minute||40 minutes for English and 55 minutes for Hindi|