The syllabus helps the candidates in preparing for the examination. The syllabus for 2017 SSC Stenographer can be categorised into the various sections such as English, GI (General Intelligence), General Awareness etc.
In each section, candidates will be given set of topics and areas which they need to cover. Candidates are required to score the minimum cut-off marks in each section in order to be eligible for next round of examination.
Therefore, every section in the written examination is important and should be prepared with due diligence. In this article we will share details regarding the Exam Syllabus for 2017 SSC Stenographer.
The notification for SSC Stenographer exam 2017 will publish on 7th May 2017.
The sections are as follows:
SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus – GI (General Intelligence) and Reasoning
- This section will include questions that are both non-verbal and verbal type.
- The questions designed in this section will test the ability of the candidates in dealing with symbols & abstract ideas as well as their relationship, arithmetic computation & other analytical functions.
- The area of study for GI & Reasoning are:
|Visual Memory||Analogies||Differences||Relationship Concepts|
|Space Visualization||Figure Classification||Arithmetic Reasoning||Problem Solving|
|Decision Making||Verbal Classification||Non-Verbal Series||Arithmetic Number- Series|
SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus – GA (General Awareness)
- Questions in the GA (General Awareness) section are meant for testing the candidate’s ability in understanding his/her general environment as well as their application to the society.
- Questions are designed to judge the knowledge of candidate with respect to current affairs, matters of daily observation as well as their various applications in scientific aspects.
- Questions will not be specific to any area or subject but will be general in nature.
- The areas of study for general awareness section are:
|India||History||National Sports||Recent inventions|
|India’s Neighbours||Culture||Scientific Research||Entertainment|
|General Politics||Economic Scenario||Recent discoveries||Who’s who|
|International Sports||Geography||Indian Constitution||Person in news|
SSC Stenographer Exam Syllabus – EL (English Language) & Comprehension
- The section on English language will be testing the comprehension and English language in general.
- The section will test candidate’s understanding of English, its grammar, vocabulary and a general ability to read and write in English.
- The areas of study include:
|Active Voice||Synonyms||Homonyms||Spelling correction|
|Passages||Direct Conversion||Fill-in-the- blanks||Grammar correction|
|Passive Voice||Comprehension||Sentence structure||Choosing words|
|Cloze passage||Antonyms||Indirect Conversion||Word detection|
Note: VH (Visually Handicapped) candidates with 40 percent and above disability and who have opted for the SCRIBE will not have any components of Graphs, Maps, Statistical Data, Diagrams etc in the GI (General Intelligence ) & Reasoning as well as in the GA (General Awareness) papers.